Developer Ronimo Games
Publisher dtp entertainment
Platform PSN Xbox Live
Release Date Out Now
Available today to download from Sony Entertainment Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade, Awesomenauts is a side scrolling multiplayer online battle arena game. The game mixes 80’s cartoon graphics and platforming gameplay with a deep and modern upgrade system.
Pick one of the six Awesome characters and join a team of 3 Awesomenauts to duke it out on the online battlefields. Defeat droids, turrets, other players and finally the enemy base to win! The choice of characters ranges from a hardy cowboy that solves everything with dynamite, a mysterious floating brain that can heal allies, a spacefrog that can use dazzling breakdance moves to other, even crazier heroes. And if you need help you can just have your friends join you online, or on your couch using splitscreen.
“We are proud to be able to release Awesomenauts today on PSN and XBLA,” said Frank Brügmann, CEO dtp entertainment AG. “Our expertise of successfully launching games for these platforms has been built up with the release of our previous critically acclaimed games TNT Racers as well as Crazy Machines Elements. The release of Awesomenauts also shows that we already are in the process to overcome the obstacles and continue on our path to provide some of the best games out there to the players.”
“We’ve been looking forward to this day for 3 years,” said Jasper Koning, Game Designer at Ronimo Games, “The day that we can finally head online and play our game against other players instead of bots! I’ll see you on the battlefield!” (PS: Jasper’s Gamertag is nog1potje).
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the centre is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platforming titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of six unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious team play and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
Awesomenauts is available now on PSN ($9,99) and XBLA (800MSP).
* 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright 80’s cartoon style
* 6 very unique and highly customisable characters, each with their own attacks and skills,
* Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using splitscreen
* Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
* Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
* Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
* Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
* Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
Please Join us on your Social Platform of choice