Atlus U.S.A., Inc. does not often get to announce voice casts, but considering the magnitude of the game, they can reveal a partial cast list for the English dub of Persona 5. Releasing in Europe on Feb. 14, 2017 on the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PlayStation®4 (PS4), the English dub is being supervised by the long-time Persona series project lead in the Americas, Yu Namba.
“We at Atlus U.S.A. take pride in the quality and care we put into casting and dubbing for our games, and Persona 5 is no exception,” said Yu Namba, Persona 5 project lead and recording supervisor. “This is a completely new cast of characters, so we started with a blank slate in bringing life to them with our stellar cast of voice actors. It’s hard saying goodbye to the cast of previous Persona games, but we hope to bring an entirely new tone with a new set of actors for this game.”
The main Persona 5 hero cast includes:
· Xander Mobus as the protagonist
· Cassandra Morris as Morgana
· Max Mittelman as Ryuji Sakamoto
· Erika Harlacher as Ann Takamaki
· Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
· Cherami Leigh as Makoto Niijima
· Erica Lindbeck as Futaba Sakura
· Xanthe Huynh as Haru Okumura
· Robbie Daymond as Goro Akechi
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler – attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the “self;” the game’s heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
“Persona 5 will release on Feb. 14 in the Americas and Europe, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Pre-orders are now available at participating retailers for either version of the game. For more information, please visit the official website, atlus.com/persona5”
· Persona 5 is the first numbered title of the award-winning franchise on home consoles since the PS2 generation.
· Fast-paced Japanese role-playing game mechanics, exciting action sequences, deep and engaging story.
· Vibrantly stylized characters, enemies, and environments, elegant anime-style cut-scenes.
· Soundtrack featuring the fresh sounds of acid jazz composed by the legendary composer Shoji Meguro.
· A standalone story experience that welcomes newcomers and veteran Persona players alike.Please Join us on your Social Platform of choice